HP Officejet 5255 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet 5255 troubleshooting is a way to fix the printer issue. The issues occur because of improper printer HP Officejet 5255 setup. These printer issues might be annoying, but this section will guide you to solve it. Contact us for quicker recovery of any problems with the Officejet printer.
- Connectivity Issue
- Configuration Error
- HP Officejet 5255 Troubleshooting
- Paper jam and Slow Print Problem
HP Officejet 5255 Network Connection Settings
Network connection requirement:
- Initially, collect the network details like network name, and password.
- Firstly, connect the computer with a wireless network.
- Note: Make sure the internet connection is stable.
- Now, connect the Officejet 5255 with the wireless network.
Printer driver installation:
- Basically, visit the official site to download the HP Officejet 5255 driver.
- Then double click the downloaded driver file.
- Eventually, follow the HP Officejet 5255 user manual to complete the driver installation.
- At last, check the network connection to confirm the settings.
Officejet 5255 Printer Network Connection Fails
- Use the below steps to configure your network settings.
- Firstly, locate the configuration settings using the router’s configuration utility.
- Secondly, locate the router’s Authentication Type settings.
- Then change the type settings to Auto or Open.
- Now, close the configuration utility.
- Eventually, press the power button to turn on the Officejet 5255 Printer.
- Next, touch the wireless icon on the printer control panel.
- Double click on the down arrow and tap the Restore Network Defaults.
- At this time, select the Yes button to confirm.
- Connect the Officejet printer to the wireless network.
- Click on the settings on the printer control panel, and then tap on HP Officejet 5255 wireless setup.
- Subsequently, proceed with HP Officejet 5255 printer instructions to establish the connection.
Officejet 5252 Disable Firewall Printer Firmware
- Firewall software blocks the threats from outside your network. At times, this might block communication with Officejet 5255 Printer. To avoid this temporarily disable the firewall. Follow the below steps to disable the firewall:
- You can use the Print and Scan Doctor to disable the Firewall.
- Firstly, download and install the Print and Scan Doctor.
- Secondly, click on network and then troubleshooting Firewalls.
- Now, tap on the firewall software which is active.
- Then, click on the disable the option to make it inactive.
- Follow the same steps to disable all the firewall software.
Uninstall Drivers and Software
- Initially, disconnect the cable from the printer, it connects to the computer with a USB cable.
- Now, click on the Programs and Features on your computer.
- Next, click on the Officejet 5255 All-in-One Printer in the installed programs list.
- Then, tap on Yes or Uninstall.
- Select yes, if a User Account Control message displays.
- Eventually, complete the software removal with on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer, after uninstalling the Officejet 5255 software.
- At last, remove the Officejet printer from the device list.
Printer Software Reinstall
If you have uninstalled the printer software, then download the latest driver.
Note: Make sure to delete all the previous driver files from your computer.
For Wireless connection:
- In the first place, establish a wireless connection for your printer.
- Firstly, click on the wireless icon on the Officejet control panel.
- Then tap the Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the Officejet 5255 manual instructions.
- After a successful printer wireless connection, carry out the Officejet 5255 printer software installation.
For the Ethernet connection:
- At first, connect one end of Ethernet cable to the Ethernet printer port and the other end to the router.
- Now navigate to browser for Officejet 5255 driver download.
- Then install the printer driver on your computer.