HP Officejet 5200 Troubleshooting
Any device can give trouble at any time. Likewise, the HP Officejet 5200 printer may also arise with some technical issues. These issues are not a headache when you use the expert’s guide. Don’t hesitate to call us to HP Officejet 5200 troubleshooting instantly.
Officejet 5200 Network Connection Settings
- Initially, decide the type of network you wish to choose i.e. either USB or wireless.
- First, the computer and network must be compatible with each other.
- If using the HP Officejet 5200 wireless setup, then make sure the wireless router is within the optimum range.
- Turn on the Wireless router and computer.
- Then, move to the network section on your computer. Now select the wireless network option and type in the wireless details.
- After establishing the network connection for your Wireless router, connect the printer.
- For this, click the wireless icon on the printer control panel. Then follow the HP Officejet 5200 setup instructions.
Officejet 5200 Printer Network Connection Fails
- Examine, the following requirements, if you face the network issue with your printer.
- Firstly, establish a secure cable connection between the computer and the Officejet printer.
- Make sure to shut down the network hub, switch or router.
- Then restart the devices after a few seconds.
- Now, examine if the applications such as spyware programs have closed on the computer.
- At the same time, HP Officejet 5200 and the computer must use the same network.
- Now, if the installed program fails to find the HP Officejet printer, print the network page.
- At last, manually type the IP address in the installation program.
- Consequently, the printer will connect with the network.
Officejet 5200 Disable Firewall Printer Firmware
A firewall is essential for blocking threats from outside your network. At the same time, this might also block communication between printer and computer. The firewall settings might cause the following errors:
- Not able to install the printer software
- The printer is not identified on the network
- The officejet printer status shows it is not connected with the network, but actually in connection.
- So, disable the firewall temporarily with the following instructions
- Firstly install Print and scan Doctor and move to network settings.
- Next, click the troubleshooting firewall.
- At last, disable the enabled firewall software.
Uninstall Drivers and Software
- Initially, if your HP Officejet printer connects to the computer with USB, then disconnect it.
- Now click the Programs and features from the search list.
- Then, find your HP Officejet 5200 name in the list of installed programs.
- Right-click on the printer and then choose the Uninstall option.
- Eventually, follow the screen HP Officejet 5200 printer instruction to complete the software removal.
- Make sure to delete all the printer files from the computer.
- Once the HP Officejet 5200 software uninstall is complete, restart the computer.
- At last, remove the printer from the Printer and Device list.
Printer Software Reinstall
- After uninstalling the existing software, try to get the latest printer.
- Note: Make sure the Printer Officejet 5200 driver supports the OS of your computer.
- Firstly, turn on the Officejet printer and computer
- Then connect the devices with an active internet connection.
- Now, open the web browser, and navigate to the manufacturer site.
- Consequently, enter the model name in the search field and tap on enter.
- Confirm your OS or change the OS if required.
- Next, choose the driver from the available HP Officejet 5200 driver.
- Eventually, click the download option for HP Officejet 5200 driver download.
- At last, install the driver on your computer with HP Officejet 5200 user manual instructions.