What is HP Smart App?
Now, installing the HP Smart App on all devices is easy. Print, scan, and share documents to HP printer from anywhere and at any time. HP Smart App will help to save more time and ensures the following benefits:
- Scan files from the device camera and shares them with Cloud or Email.
- HP Smart App can optimize images and allows sharing them at ease.
- You can preview the print files either from the personal or business printer.
- With the HP Smart App, it is easy to speed up repetitive tasks by creating short-cuts.
How to download HP Smart App?
Download the HP Smart App using the set of instructions below:
- Turn on the computer and printer
- Check that both the printer and the device share the same wireless network.
- Now, download the HP Smart App from the Play Store.
- Once downloaded, open the App and accept all the terms.
- Next, click the plus sign on the home screen to add your HP printer.
- Try printing a test file and check the reliability of the HP Smart App.
HP Smart App Setup
HP Smart App Setup - Windows 10
Follow the below instructions to set up the HP Smart App at ease:
- Place your HP printer near the router.
- Check if the input paper tray has enough volume of printing sheets.
- Now, download the HP Smart App.
- Create a new HP Account to set up for the first time.
- Now, open the App and click the plus sign to add your HP printer model.
- Restore the network settings to connect to the wireless network.
- Click the plus sign again to add your HP printer.
HP Smart App Setup - MAC Devices
Set up HP Smart App for MAC by using the instructions given below:
- Check whether your input paper tray has enough printing sheets in it.
- Look whether your HP printer is near the router and boot up your printer.
- Now, download the HP Smart App and set it up by creating a new HP account.
- Next, open the App and tap on the plus sign to add your HP printer model.
- HP users can add model number of printer to the HP Smart App.
- After setting up your App, restore the network settings.
HP Smart App – FAQ
1) Why is my HP printer not showing up offline status?
The issue might be an uninterrupted connection between your printer and the HP Smart App. Resolve now using the following steps.
- Check if your mobile device has a buffer-free wireless network.
- Check whether your HP printer is also sharing the same wireless network as the mobile device.
- Look at whether you have entered the login credentials for HP Smart App without errors.
- Check if you have enabled all the App permissions and connected your printer to the HP Smart App.
- Now, check whether your computer also uses the same wireless network.
2) Why am I not able to print from Android apps using Print Anywhere?
Follow the instructions given below to resolve the printer problem:
- Check whether you have installed the HP Smart App and enabled the Print Anywhere feature.
- Look at whether you have installed the HP Print Service Plugin.
- Check whether you have a print option in the Android App chosen to print.
- Now, try to print and check if you have resolved the printer problem.