What is the process of HP printer installation?
When it comes to adding an HP printer to your computer, many of you may have doubts. Right? Moreover, some of you may want to know the procedure for it.
Keeping this in mind, here we listed the procedure for HP printer installation. Here you can get to hp printer installation guide explaining three methods for this process.
HP Printer Installation with a USB cord
You can install your HP printer with a USB cord. For this, you need a secure USB cord of a maximum of 3m. Not only has this but also needed the HP driver with full feature.
To install your HP printer using a USB cable, follow the below steps:
- Confirm that your printer is ON and is all set for installation.
- Check out whether any USB cord is in connection with your device.
- If any, unplug it from the computer.
- Move on to your computer and search for devices.
- Choose the given option – Devices and Printers.
- You will see your printer’s name.
- Right-click on the name.
- A list of options will appear; choose – Remove device.
- Download driver from the official site 123.hp.com.
- Continue with the steps on the screen to open the driver file.
- Now, the setup process will begin.
- Select the connectivity mode as USB when the installation window prompts.
- Make a USB connection between the devices and confirm if the setup is proper.
Now, if any problem with the driver downloading, then follow the below-mentioned procedure. You can use this procedure even if your HP printer’s name is not on the driver page.
First of all, move on to 123.hp.com and provide the model number of your printer. Now, you will see the list of default OS. If your OS version is not on the list, then choose – Change. Then, click on your OS version and change. Now, click on the Driver option and choose to download it. However, if you want to look out for other options for drivers, then select- Basic Drivers.
Proceed and wait till the setup windows prompt to select the connectivity mode. When it prompts, go for USB mode. Now, connect the device and printer with a cable. Continue and finish the printer installation process with USB.
There are chances of having problems while connecting the device and HP printer with USB. Thus, we are mentioning some tips to resolve those issues.
Tip1: Check whether the USB cord is proper and suitable. If not, then consider replacing it.
Tip2: Restart your HP printer and computer.
Tip3: Remove the USB connection between the printer and computer and connect it again.
Tip4: Disconnect the USB cable from the computer. Then, connect it to another USB port on the device.
HP Printer Installation Guide for Installing HP Printer Wirelessly
Installing printers on your device with a wireless network is an easy process. As of now, all the printer detects the device network and does the process automatically.
- To begin with, the process, turn on the printer, and access its touch panel.
- After that, select its wireless icon and tap on setup.
- Choose Restore Network Defaults and continue and move on to its wireless settings.
- Now, go for the wireless setup wizard.
- Wait for some time, and you will see the wireless network that is close to your printer.
- Click on your network name and continue to complete the setup.
- If in case your Wi-Fi name is not displayed, then add it by providing the name and password.
Along with this, there is one more method to add the printer to your device using Wi-Fi. However, for this, you require the driver compatible with your device OS.
The instructions to use this method for HP printer installation are:
- Power up the device in which you have to add your printer.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi network is proper.
- Download HP printer driver from 123.hp.com.
- Go to the download folder and open the raw file.
- Once you open it, the driver setup process will begin.
- Proceed until you see the connectivity options.
- Choose the wireless mode to continue printer wireless setup.
- Complete the set up as per the wizard instructions.
Adding your HP printer to the device is a hassle-free process. I hope after reading this blog on hp printer installation guide, you will do the printer setup process without any external help. However, still, if you face any problem while adding your printer, you can reach out to us.
Moreover, if you have any queries related to the info given in this blog, feel free to reach us.
Now, why to wait for more? Add the HP printer on your preferred device and enjoy printing!